1. Application and Completion of Contract
The effective application date depends on the day we receive the signed application form, not the day it is sent.
2. Application Conditions
(1) The minimum age for Japanese courses is 16 years. Applicants under the age of 18 have to send a signed parental agreement.
(2) The minimum age for internship programs is 18 years.
(1) Expenses included in the Japanese course:
・Orientation on first day
(2) Expenses included in the internship:
・Internship preparation during first week
・Orientation on first day
For returning customers, i.e. students who come back to Japan after having returned to their home country, we grant a discount of 10% on the total fee. This does not include extensions of first-time students.
We also give an introduction discount of 10% to first-time students after confirming the name of the person who recommended our school.
Payment has to be made 100% in advance and at least one month prior to arrival. These are our accepted payment methods. Cash is only accepted with direct payments below 100,000 yen at the school.
6. Cancellation and Refund Policies
If a student cancels their program after receipt of payment, we will charge a cancellation fee according to the following chart in addition to the bank charges of 2,500 yen. However, we cannot refund payments under any circumstances after a program has started.
|Date of cancellation||Cancellation fee|
|Up to 30 days prior to arrival||¥15 000|
|30 to 15 days prior to arrival||¥30 000|
|14 to 3 days prior to arrival||¥40 000|
|2 days prior to course start||50% of total amount|
|After program start||No refund|
7. Change of Arrangement Charge
If a student requests to change their Japanese course, internship, and/or accommodation due to personal reasons, we will try our best to meet the student’s request. Adjustment fees will be charged according to the following chart.
|Change of Arrangement||Adjustment Fee|
|Course Change||¥5 000|
|Internship Change||¥7 500|
|Accommodation Change||¥7 500|
8. Booking Cancellation
In case we are unable to confirm payment one month prior to arrival without any notice from the student’s side, even after sending a reminder, the booking and all services included will be canceled automatically.
9. Cooling Off (for applications from inside Japan)
– The student may cancel their contract in written form up to eight days after Asahi Nihongo has received the student’s signed application form.
– The contract is to be canceled immediately after the student has submitted a written cancellation to Asahi Nihongo.
– In case of a cancellation, Asahi Nihongo agrees to not claim any damages against the student that result from canceling the contract.
– In case of a cancellation, even if lessons have already been provided, Asahi Nihongo agrees to not claim any damages against the student that result from canceling the contract.
– In case of a cancellation and if the student has already paid their tuition fee, Asahi Nihongo agrees to return the full amount.
– In case of a cancellation, the student agrees to return any textbooks, CDs or other material received during lessons.
– In case of a cancellation, Asahi Nihongo agrees to refund any returned textbooks, CDs or other material.
We bear no responsibility for the following matters:
(1) A student cannot get a passport, visa, or is refused by Japanese immigration for whatever reason.
(2) A student cannot get their visa in time or cannot extend it after their arrival.
(3) Natural disasters or social incidents (e.g. earthquake or terrorism) compromising students’ safety and preventing courses from proceeding or students from attending school.
(4) Accidents or trouble occurring outside of school during a student’s stay in Japan.
(5) A student causes damage at their internship place or accommodation. The student is responsible for all damages. Furthermore, if the school’s reputation or facilities are damaged due to a student’s actions or behavior, we will file claims against said student.
We cannot guarantee the acceptance of your visa by the Japanese authorities and thus do not bear any responsibility for visa obtainment. To apply for our internship program, students must send a copy of their passport and visa with their application. If a student plans to extend their visa during their stay in Japan, they have to check the necessary procedures in advance. If a student is denied visa extension and therefore is unable to finish their program, we cannot refund any fees. Read more about visa regulations.
We will confirm internship placement with the company after having done a first Skype interview with the intern. Interns attend orientation and training during their first week and get to know their company during a personal interview. Interns need to send a weekly report about their internship every Friday. In order to receive their Internship Certificate, interns need to submit a Final Internship Report one week before the end of their internship.
13. Arrival and Transportation
If a student arrives on a Sunday or national holiday without having booked our transfer service, we may not be able to assist with problems since the school will be closed. In this case, please use a taxi and show the driver the accommodation address. Otherwise, if the student gets lost and our staff has to bring them to the accommodation instead, we will charge the transfer fee of 10,000 yen.
Every student and intern attends orientation on their first day. Classes start the next day. If you are a returning student and want to start lessons immediately, please come to the school at 8:30 am so we can do a short introduction.
The school is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays. In addition, we do not refund or hold make up classes for any lessons that got canceled during the course due to natural disasters or personal reasons.
16. Course Start Dates
Course start dates are based on our school calendar.
For a student to arrange a different start, they must:
(1) Take our online level check test in advance and pass Level 2.
(2) Take private lessons until the group course starts.
17. Changes to Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions may change without prior notice.
18. Effective Date
The above terms and conditions are effective from September 1, 2010.
Last update: December 28, 2017